Monday 15 September 2008

A scanner darkly


I've chosen to blog about A scanner darkly, not because it's my favourite film, in fact I've only seen it once and I'd definatly have to see it again in order to understand it, but because this is a film that pushes the boundaries of cinematography... and I am a graphics student afterall! The story is based on an undercover cop in a not-too-distant future who becomes involved with a dangerous new drug and begins to lose his own identity as a result. This is a very immaginatve and complex cult film, it's not a cartoon... in fact the whole film was recorded with real actors including Keanu Reeves himself, and then the whole thing was cell shaded over. The detail is incredible and gives a very unique look that suits the quirky style and content of the film. A film that definatly needs repeated watching in order to take it all in.


No comments: