Tuesday 9 September 2008

The brilliance of Jeremy Geddes

As I was browsing www.thebrilliance.com, which is brilliant by the way, I discovered the brilliance of Jeremy Geddes! Now this guy can paint. The painting above is entitled 'Alley' and is probably my favourite painting ever, if I had to stare at one paiting for the rest of my life it would be this one! I just love the mood and atmosphere he's created with the light, giving the scene a stillness and calmness that instantly projects to the viewer. The weight and feeling of mass from the buildings also seem to counteract the floaty serenity of the astronaut... beautiful!

Now this one aint so beautiful, but just as captivating. Again theres a fantastic use of lighting and subtle tone which creates an almost romantic classical feeling, brilliantly countered by the intense disturbing subject matter. Jeremy Geddes... take a bow.

No comments: